Wednesday, September 26, 2012

wednesday

Thank you, day, for being challenging but not unmanageable.

I am thankful for: getting to talk with Steph on the phone! Starting to watch 'The Beautiful Truth' doco. Thank you for being an educated and enlightened person.

I am thankful for my safety. As I watch the continued search for the woman gone missing from Brunswick over the weekend, I am disheartened, saddened, scared and angry. But mostly I am grateful for my own safety. I walked home, like her, on a quiet Brunswick street, perpendicular to Hope Street, a five minute walk after being at a bar one evening. I made it home. She did not.

Thank you, great creator, for my protection that evening. And other evenings like that, where by the grace of luck, I did not encounter foul play.

This world is FUCKED. But I am glad I have seen mostly glimmers of good and amazingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment